"Creativity and Experience"
It comes down to creativity and experience.
If creativity and experience is what you seek in your next employee, you have landed on the right page!
Creativity comes from tossing all assumptions aside and adding knowledge of the construction process, the needs of the project with the dreams of the client; merged into a finished structure.
My experience consists of twenty-seven plus years of commercial and residential building, landscape design and construction. I have designed over 1400 residential projects built in the surrounding areas of Tampa Bay. I have participated on several award winning projects across Florida. In addition I have enjoyed the opportunity to work for some of the leading architects of Florida: Edward Hillstrom AIA a Taliesin Fellowship member and international renowned landscape architect Peter Burner ASLA.
My name is Thomas Parker. I am seeking a full time position as a CAD designer / Draftsman or as an Entry Level Web Developer. In addition I would be interested in other positions that my skills may present themselves valid and benefit for you.
I am a skilled AutoCADD professional with a keen eye for inventive design and comprehensive understanding of Florida construction codes and regulations. With more than 14 years of Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) and 27 years construction experience backed by an extensive track record of achievement in residential architecture and landscape design, I have the expertise and know-how to ensure your projects meet the exacting quality, cost, and scheduling standards your customers expect. The resume highlights some of my key strengths and achievements, including:
- High level of proficiency utilizing AutoCADD, Adobe, and Microsoft tools to create detailed, accurate, and innovative designs, drawings, system diagrams, and blueprints for commercial and residential projects.
- Expansive list of satisfied employers and customers from successful residential, landscape, and architectural drafting tenures at AllState Homes, Inc., Burner and Company, Ed Hillstrom, and EMTec, Inc.
- Specialization in Green development; Florida Green Building Coalition Certifying Agent (inactive), with in-depth knowledge of Florida state Green building design, residential wind and structural load design, and energy-saving materials selection.
- Expertise in a wide range of technical and business documentation procedures; adept at conducting title research, performing material estimates and pre-construction inspections, and generating comprehensive workflow and construction critical path reports, building / site plans, and building / zoning permit submittal applications.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities; work closely with clients, engineers, construction crews, and municipal agencies to define project requirements, resolve planning and scheduling issues, and deliver solutions within time and budgetary limits.
In addition to my career goals, I find great enjoyment in participating with volunteers organizations. I am currently a Director on the board for Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center, a 501 c3 non-profit. In the past I held the positions Assistant State Coordinator for USGenWeb FLGenWeb Project and as a founding member and Secretary (2008-2010) FLgenWeb Project, Inc. (501c3 Non-Profit) and Co-Chair of Support Line (1991-1993) (501c3 Non-Profit) located in Fort Myers, Florida.
Thank you for your time and consideration; I look forward to the opportunity of speaking with you personally regarding my qualifications and the ways I can assist your company in achieving its goals.